Monday, January 17, 2022

ABOUT THE SYMBOL "NSgy"...

.... is really important.
  

About a decade ago, while I was attempting to develop a  structure for a Psychology that dealt with the "Whole Human Being," or WHB... I was aimlessly doodling on a piece of paper when I suddenly wrote down three terms:  "Neutral, Spiritual, and Energy".  At that time, I had no idea what these terms meant?

But following a habit I have to symbolize or shorten things, I did this with these three terms... using the first letter of two of the terms, and the last two letters of the third term.  Neutral, Spiritual, and Energy... thus making the symbol "NSgy".  So, I created the symbol "NSgy," which stood for the three terms... which stood for?  I had no idea at the time?

A few months went by, during which I discovered what my new symbol meant, as it provided me with a solution to my problem with my new concept of Psychology. My "problem" was this:  How does a person maintain his or her "Attention" in the brain while simultaneously exploring the MIND, which is invisible to the brain? And the reason a person would want to do this?  It is the only way to reveal deeply repressed bits of trauma hidden deep "Within" one's MIND... that once discovered, a person can then eliminate that bit of trauma from "causing" an unwanted pattern of behavior... [ the behavior is actually the means by which that person's MIND "vents"  the negative energy being stimulated "within" that repressed bit of trauma].

  This "discovery process of a repressed bit of trauma" is a necessary part of effective Psychotherapy that helps a person eliminate unwanted negative behavior.  This is well-known by a competent Gestalt Psychotherapist, by the way.

 My symbol "NSgy" therefore stands for the primordial Energy of Existence, which we in the West call "God".  That is, "NSgy" is the Energy of God, and we Souls.  And "NSgy" is like nothing I knew about at the time.  That is, the concept that something could exist and yet be entirely Invisible to Man [and not even part of the Creation]... did not register with me as an actual possibility.   But I was not alone in my ignorance of NSgy!   Who would imagine that the entire Creation was Created by God using what the Bible refers to in Genesis 1:2 ... And the earth was without form, and void: and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.   In other words...God Created the Creation using that which Man refers to as "void," or "darkness," (which would seem to most people as "nothing"). This nothing is often spoken of as "Spirit".  It is Invisible, but it does exist.

So, when a Mystic says that the Spirit of God is "Within" Man, the Mystic is not being euphemistic, the Mystic is referring to something that Man  defines as "void" and "darkness".  Something that many religions refer to as "Spirit"... while not bothering to explain nor define the term "Spirit". 

Now you have a symbol for the term Spirit.  The symbol is NSgy, or Neutral Spiritual Energy, which is the Energy of God, and one's Soul.  And in Man, the one element in Man that can interact with NSgy is one's faculty of "Intuition," which is an aspect of one's Soul.  And should you have a 'sense' that God is speaking to you, what is likely "hearing" God is your faculty of Intuition.  But in the West, there is very little mention of the faculty of Intuition.  We are taught instead to rely on the brain, which is confined to the physical realm entirely.

I have been meditating for over 40 years, and little did I realize that my meditation is the single best way of developing one's faculty of Intuition!  I didn't realize this until recently, and I now have an added incentive to meditate.  ...another term for meditation is "worship"... perhaps you did not realize this?

Peace, 1 Brother James


No comments: