Sunday, February 27, 2022

EXPLAINING THE MYSTERY OF MYSTICISM...

 What makes Mysticism so mysterious and difficult to comprehend?

Well, for me, the  mystery of Mysticism was resolved almost two decades ago.  Although at the time, I was unaware that what I Intuited one evening would turn out to be the solution of  the mystery of Mysticism.   And this began by my writing down three terms:  "Neutral," "Spiritual," and "Energy".

Between 15 and 20 years ago, I happened upon the terms "Neutral, Spiritual, and Energy," while doodling on a piece of paper one evening.  That is, I was doodling, or just drawing random images on a piece of paper, while my MIND was running through a number of elements I had been working on for quite some time.

At that point in time, I was attempting to complete a more precise understanding of the Mystical elements that comprise the invisible aspects of Psychology, since these elements  seemed to be "invisible" to Man.   I had been working on the problem of a Psychology for the Whole Human Being,  for a very long time.  By "Whole," I mean both the physical part of Man and  the Invisible parts of Man.  This sketch illustrates what I was searching for at that time:

#1 is the physical body of Man, including the physical brain. #2, and #3 represent the "I-MIND" of Man (the "I" reminds us that the MIND is invisible to #1.  And #4 is the Spiritual Dimension of Man, and #4 also includes the Soul.  And my view of Psychology includes all of these dimensions.  One part physical, and thee parts Invisible.


I believe what we know as "Intuition" is a faculty of the Soul, and I also believe "Intuition" is unique in Man, because  it is the only part of Man that can experience all four dimensions of Man.  But what makes this particular bit of Intuition special... was that it identified the Energy of the Soul as "Neutral"!  What do you know that is "Neutral"?

I began a casual search for something that was "Neutral".  Guess what?  I have never found any part of the physical dimension that is Neutral! So, what makes the Spiritual in Man so difficult to deal with is that it is entirely Invisible to the brain and one's physical senses.  And this goes for the I-MIND as well.  I refer to this Invisible Energy of the Soul as "NSgy".

No wonder the oxymoron "behavioral psychology" [presented  by B.F. Skinner], has been trying to get rid of all reference to the MIND of Man since the early 1900s.  That's what's wrong with modern psychology.


Well, Skinner was entirely wrong, but he had a great many people who, like himself, were given to Intellectualism... (denial of the MIND while confined to the brain and thinking],  and thus unaware of how frightened they were of what was hidden "Within" the "I-MIND" of each person.  

In the West, we are not taught about the three-quarters of the Whole of Man that are Invisible to the brain of Man. But denial does not make that three-quarters of oneself go away.

So, the mystery of Mysticism is simply a natural denial of that which is Invisible to oneself.  In other words, to discover the Mystical parts of oneself, one must learn how to do so.  And that is not an easy thing to accomplish.  It is also a bit scary.  But it is ultimately necessary if one wants to deal with Reality!

Peace, 1 Brother James



No comments: